We started the process this afternoon and it was a wonderful lesson! The students really participated and wrote lyrics, a rap section for the middle part of the song and were teaching each other guitar parts for their backing track.
It was a great lesson for core skills: working in small teams to write different song sections, problem solving over fitting in different singing styles and communication skills in producing lyrics (and trying to get them to rhyme).
We were joined by an NQ student (Daniel Montgomery) who played backing guitar for the class and it was great to see two different levels of students working co-operatively and collaboratively with each other.
Here's a sample of the first verse and chorus (the rest to follow once it's completed):
Verse1
Day
one and I'm on my own
Could
have ran all the way home but I stayed Room full of people that I don't know
And I can’t show that I'm afraid
Am I up to the challenge?
Have I made the right choice?
Am I too scared to speak?
Will I find my voice?
Chorus
Started
off as strangersAnd now were friends
Let's take this journey
And see where it ends
We started alone
But now were a team
Climb any mountain
As big as it seems
Try this link to listen to the first trial of the instrumental part of their song:
Really nice lyrics! Sounded great too :)
ReplyDeleteGreat lyrics and love the music - how engaging for the students!
ReplyDelete