Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Treasure Hunt at the Almondvale


I took the “Passport to HN” Students on a treasure hunt at the Almondvale this afternoon.

Prior to the class starting at 1pm I liaised with 6 shops (New look/Schuh/The perfume shop/Deichman/Game/Krispy Kreme – needed a doughnut!!) and asked if they would cooperate with the treasure hunt.  The managers of the store agreed to hold clues behind the tills and if a student approached them with a solution to a puzzle they would be given their next clue.

It was a great success and helped the students work as a team and helped them with their confidence having to approach managers and work through puzzles.

The puzzles were based on financial accounting questions related to the new module in block 2 so it helped them remember key information!

They were knackered by the end of it as they wanted to win and it was a race to the finish line so I was watching them running up and down the centre J

No comments:

Post a Comment